The transport of chemicals such as fluids, gasses are under strict national and international regulations. Transporting dangerous goods means an increase of driver's responsibility for safe driving. The Volvo FM offers total power control and efficient wheel brakes tailored for dangerous goods transportation. Keeping the environment, driver and people safe is the utmost importance in this industry and choosing the right truck is as important as the drivers skill and sense of responsibility.
The vehicles are defined by:
- Robust and lightweight chassis for increased loading capacity
- Special factory-ready vehicles certified for ADR applications. ADR is a European agreement on the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Air-suspended chassis and optional tractors with Electronic Stability Program - ESP
- Excellent driveability with I-Shift and safety innovations
- Gearshifting without power interruption
- Convenience and safety in hazardous environments