- EBS - Electronically controlled Brake System
- ESP - Electronic Stability Program
- Optional Z-cam brakes
- Optional auxiliary brakes, such as Volvo Engine Brake (VEB/VEB+)
Unmatched braking systems
The braking system includes EBS (Electronically controlled Brake System) disc brakes with ESP (Electronic Stability Program), or alternatively the tried and tested Z-cam brakes.
These alternatives can be supplemented with particularly effective auxiliary brakes, such as VEB//VEB+ (Volvo Engine Brake) and a retarder.
EBS is an anti-locking disc-brake system that electronically controls braking effect. There are many advantages to having disc brakes with electronic control via the truck's own electrical system.
Drum brakes of Z-cam type are used primarily on trucks with leaf suspension.
- Compact retarder - integrated with I-Shift and manual gearboxes, provides continous availability of high braking moment, even during gearchanging. Total braking effect with retarder depends on engine model and equipment, such as EPG/VEB/VEB+
- Primary retarder - integrated in Powertronic and provides continous access to high braking moment, even during gearchanging. Total braking effect with retarder depends on engine model and equipment, such as EPG/VEB/VEB+