- D16E engine; 540, 580 or 660 hp
- With SCR the engine meets Euro 4 norms
- 2600, 2800 or 3100 Nm of torque respectively
- 90% of torque available within seconds
- Closed Crankcase Ventilation
Delivering a massive flood of power
The D16E is an in-line six-cylinder 16-litre direct-injected diesel engine. It features a single cylinder head, overhead camshaft, four valves per cylinder and electronically controlled unit injectors. The timing mechanism is located at the rear of the engine. True to Volvo tradition, the D16E is turbocharged and intercooled. The compression ratio for D16E is 17.3:1.