ISO 14001 was developed in 1996. This voluntary standard for international environmental systems contains specifications for creating and managing environmental management systems.
Benefits of implementing ISO 14001 include:
- Reduced waste and energy use
- Increased recycling
- Improved compliance with regulations
- Improved workplace conditions
- Positive community relations
- Enhanced customer and industry perceptions
In North America, Volvo sites certified to ISO 14001 Standard include Volvo Trucks North America corporate offices, the New River Valley plant, and Volvo Powertrain North America in Hagerstown, Maryland.