- Standard pneumatic brakes
- Ventilated discs front and rear
- EBS locking operated by compressed air
- Optional engine exhaust brake
- Optional exhaust brake with compression brake
Relying on Volvo brakes
The Volvo FL has pneumatic brakes with ventilated discs both front and rear. EBS (Electronic Braking System) is an anti-locking disc-brake system that electronically controls braking effect. In standard form it now includes a wide range of intelligent functions that considerably boost safety and assist in driving.
The wheel brakes can be supplemented with an engine brake that saves and extends the lifetime of both the brake pads and the brake discs. There are two engine braking systems to choose between: exhaust brake on its own or exhaust brake in combination with a powerful compression brake.