Consultant Privacy Notice
Personal Data notice
This notice provides information about the processing of your personal data by the Volvo Group.
The Volvo Group may process personal data about you, if you are or have been an individual, or the employee of a company, that has bought or rented a product or service offered by one of the companies belonging to the Volvo Group. In this case, please read out Customer notice.
If you are or have been an individual, or the employee of a company, that has sold or rented a product or service to one of the companies belonging to the Volvo Group, we might process personal data about you. In this case, please read our Supplier notice.
If you are or have been the driver of a vehicle, or the operator of a construction machine, sold or produced by one of the companies belonging to the Volvo Group, we might process personal data about you. In this case, please read our Driver notice.
If you are or has been employed by a Volvo Group company or has been engaged as a consultant, we may process personal data about you. In this case please read our Employee or Consultant notice.
Identity and contact details of the controller and group privacy officer
This notice provides information on VOLVO’s processing of your personal data.
The company you are engaged by (“VOLVO”) is the controller of the personal data that VOLVO obtains from you and the other sources described below. VOLVO is responsible for the processing of your personal data under applicable data protection laws and regulations.
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact VOLVO’s group privacy officer at gpo [dot] office [at] volvo [dot] com or by post or phone at:
AB Volvo, Att: Group Privacy Office, Dept AA14100, VGHQ , SE-405 08 Göteborg, Sweden
+46 (0)31 66 00 00
VOLVO will process all or part of the following categories of personal data.
- Individual data, such as name, date of birth, gender, nationality, preferred language, photo
- Organizational data, such as consultancy number, services description, place of work, business unit, department, manager, direct reports
- Contact data, such as work location, home address, email, telephone number
- Consultancy administration data, such as consultancy contract and information about assignment start date and termination date
- Time data, such as working hours, worked time
- Security data, such as access cards, access rights and use of access cards and access rights
- Health and safety data, such as information about work related incidents
- Manufacturing/repair/service data, such as tracking and logging of activities undertaken by you in connection with manufacturing, maintenance, repair or service on vehicles
- Competence data, such as learning records and training activities
- Travel administration data, such as information on business trips, booking details, passport number, travel invoices and allowances
- Help desk and support data, such as questions from you/your VOLVO manager/HR relating to your assignment or IT-equipment or support provided to you in relation to the same
- IT-related data, such as user-ID, passwords, log-in details as well as data and logs about your use of VOLVO’s IT equipment, application or services, as per VOLVO’s IT policies, as applicable from time to time
It is specifically noted that some aspects of health and safety data are regarded as sensitive data under the applicable data protection laws and shall be handled with extra care. It is specifically noted that sensitive data is only processed in case of legal obligation and/or explicit consent.
Please also note that certain vehicle generated data (for example vehicle/chassis number, signals etc) are automatically generated when you use a Volvo-owned product, for example a truck. However, VOLVO does not use such data unless the usage is linked to testing activities, solving quality issues or product development purposes.
VOLVO may also process a limited amount of personal data (name and contact details) of persons indicated by you as persons to be contacted by VOLVO in case of emergency.
VOLVO will process your personal data based on either of the following legal grounds, see also further details below.
- Contractual obligation. Example, VOLVO must process your personal data to comply with the services agreement in place with your employer.
- Legitimate interests. VOLVO’s legitimate interests are normally to manage its daily operations, secure its facilities and equipment and keep internal control. In order to base its processing of personal data on the balance of interest-basis, VOLVO makes an assessment on case-by-case basis. Example, VOLVO needs to process certain personal data to enable administration of your business related travels where VOLVO’s legitimate interests are to manage its daily operations; or VOLVO needs to process certain personal data to review the status of its IT-equipment where VOLVO’s legitimate interests are to secure its equipment.
In exceptional cases and only when no other legal ground can be applied, VOLVO may ask for your consent to process your personal data. If consent is used, you may withdraw your consent at any time, which will however not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
VOLVO will process your personal data, as exemplified above, for the purposes stated below.
Administration (normally based on contractual obligation and/or balance of interests)
- Enabling registration of you in VOLVO’s systems and general administration of your assignment with VOLVO
- Enabling proper license usage
- Enabling keeping an up-to-date organization chart and record of consultants, including production of internal reports and statistics
- Enabling follow-up on projects
Reporting (normally based on legal obligation and/or balance of interests)
- Enabling reporting to authorities, as required by law
- Enabling keeping track of your working time for invoicing purposes to your employer
Work environment and product safety (normally based on legal obligation and/or balance of interests)
- Enabling fulfillment of VOLVO’s obligations to provide a safe work environment (including control and prevention of unauthorized access to VOLVO’s premises or equipment) and other work environment obligations as set out by work environment or labour laws
- Enabling fulfillment of VOLVO’s obligations related to product safety and quality
Your development and activities (normally based on legal and/or contractual obligation and/or balance of interests)
- Enabling activities regarding competence development
- Enabling and suggesting learning and training activities
Employee work related activities (normally based on legal and/or contractual obligation and/or legitimate interest)
- Enabling the performance of your work tasks, such as writing emails, establishing documents, reports, presentations, drawings et
- Enabling business travels
- Enabling answering questions from you/your VOLVO manager/HR regarding your assignment or IT-equipment/services or provision of support necessary for the performance of your work tasks
- Enabling follow-up of VOLVO’s policies, including Volvo Group Code of Conduct and VOLVO’s IT policies, as applicable from time to time, to ensure that such policies are adhered to and to investigate suspected prohibited activities
Research and development and solving quality issues (normally based on legitimate interest)
- Enabling research and development activities related to Volvo products (e.g. trucks), involving the use of vehicle data generated when you have used a Volvo-owned product (see above)
- Enabling solving quality issues related to Volvo products (e.g. trucks), involving the use of vehicle data when you have used a Volvo-owned product (see above)
VOLVO will primary obtain your personal data from yourself, your VOLVO manager, your employer or HR or other third party to whom you have directed us to obtain your personal data. Some personal data might also be automatically generated from VOLVO’s IT-system, such as creation of user-id.
Personal data is a requirement and necessary in order to perform your consultancy agreement, which may not be entered into without the required personal data.
VOLVO will normally not share your personal data with anyone outside of the Volvo Group, unless required by law or regulations. However, VOLVO may, if necessary to fulfill the purpose for processing the personal data, share your personal data with other Volvo Group company, including company outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area (EU/EEA). Volvo may also, if necessary to fulfill the purpose for processing the personal data, share your personal data with third party suppliers, including supplier outside of EU/EEA.
VOLVO will secure that there are appropriate safeguards in place which provide adequate levels of protection of your personal data as required by applicable data protection laws. For example, this may include the use of intercompany or external data processing agreements based on EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses or EU-US Privacy Shield or such other mechanisms as have been recognized or approved by the relevant authorities from time to time. If you have questions about the transfer, please contact VOLVO’s data protection officer.
VOLVO will normally keep your personal data during the consultancy agreement. After your consultancy agreement has ended, VOLVO will only keep the personal data deemed necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected and only up and until such purposes have been fulfilled or, if later, for such time as may be required to comply with local legal obligations or to satisfy any legal requirements in the event of an actual, threatened or anticipated dispute or claim.
You have the right to request from VOLVO information about the personal data processed about VOLVO and access to such personal data. You also have a right to request rectification of your personal data if this is incorrect and request erasure of your personal data. Further, you have a right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data meaning that you request VOLVO to limit its processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. There is also a right for you to object to the processing based on legitimate interest or processing for direct marketing. You have as well the right to data portability (transfer of your personal data to another controller) if VOLVO’s processing if your personal data is based on consent or contractual obligation and is automated.
You also have the right to lodge any complaints you may have regarding VOLVO’s processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority. For more information about these rights and how to exercise them, please contact the VOLVO data protection officer.More information about Data Subject Rights